No announcement yet.

Examples of Southpaws Causing Knockouts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Examples of Southpaws Causing Knockouts

what are some good kos done by southpaws? I'm trying to do a study and would appreciate any info

Moorer-cooper

underrated fight, both fighters down in round 1, all out brawl after that

Comment

A southpaw that brutally K.O's guys, hmm...Rakhim Chakiev.

If you haven't seen him picture an early Tyson but a southpaw, when he used to send guys flying across the ring, lifting them clean off their feet.

Khaosai Galaxy, Marvin Hagler. = YT both these guys and take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        what are some good kos done by southpaws? I'm trying to do a study and would appreciate any info
        some bombs:
        tarver - jones

and martinez - williams

devon alexander (converted southpaw [right hander]) - juan urango

some good old fashioned stoppages. the technical term is a buttwhipping.
        antonio demarco (right hander as well fighting southpaw) - jorge linares

hagler (switch hitter) -hearns

Comment

Antonio Tarver - RJJ
          Yoko Gushiken - Most of his victims, most of his KOs were fantastic
          Rolando Navarette - Boza Edwards
          Last edited by NChristo; 12-25-2011, 10:05 PM.

Comment

ricky hatton is still on the ground in vegas somewhere dating back to the '09 shot he took from pacquiao

one hell of a one punch knockout if you are looking for that sort of thing.

true southpaw in a southpaw stance throwing his hardest left hand, too

for research

more will come to me
            it's been christmas and i've been dranking

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              ricky hatton is still on the ground in vegas somewhere dating back to the '09 shot he took from pacquiao

one hell of a one punch knockout if you are looking for that sort of thing.

true southpaw in a southpaw stance throwing his hardest left hand, too

for research

more will come to me
              it's been christmas and i've been dranking
              I hope your holiday is going well

I'm trying to figure out whether the southpaw right hook or left hand is the punch that causes the majority of KOs done by southpaws.

The left hook is the punch that causes most knockouts for orthodox fighters, but southpaws have different angles where their straight lands much more easily than their hook. It might be the straight that is the #1 KO punch for southpaws instead of a right hook.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    I hope your holiday is going well

I'm trying to figure out whether the southpaw right hook or left hand is the punch that causes the majority of KOs done by southpaws.

The left hook is the punch that causes most knockouts for orthodox fighters, but southpaws have different angles where their straight lands much more easily than their hook. It might be the straight that is the #1 KO punch for southpaws instead of a right hook.

The reason for this is because the left for an orthodox fighter is the closest punch to an opponent.

It's about footwork, take for example Marquez vs Pac (orthodox vs southpaw)
                    See Marquez lead foot?

Hang on, forget that, I have an article here that explains it better than i could, 1 mo.

Comment

Working...
                    X