No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck: Andre Berto's Title Plan Won't Come True

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck: Andre Berto's Title Plan Won't Come True

The welterweight champion of the International Boxing Federation [IBF], Jan Zaveck (31-1, 18 KOs), is focused on derailing Andre Berto (27-1, 21 KOs) for a second time. Zaveck will fight for the first time in the United States on September 3, facing Berto in an HBO televised main event. It will be Berto's first fight since losing his undefeated record, and his WBC title, to Victor Ortiz in April.

[Click Here To Read More]

mexicans rollin with u zaveck fck beto WARRRRRRRRRRR ZAVECK

Comment

berto is a bum i hope he loses this fight he could have been fought cotto judah floyd mosley cintron instead he hid behind hbo fighting bums and getting gifts

Comment

A Slovene fighting on HBO... ****ing badass. Zavec can pressure and he can stand in there and bang. Hopefully he'll do us proud.

Comment

i think it is going to be a good fight, and I see this being a distance fight. Berto gets the win, but Zaveck does pretty well, and stays in the "HBO family" for future fights.

Comment

I've never seen Zaveck fight, but I do know that this is a must win for Berto. If he pulls it off, then there are some good fights out there for him.

Comment

I underestimated ortiz's state of mind, I'm not worried about Berto with this fight. He will be champ again

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                The welterweight champion of the International Boxing Federation [IBF], Jan Zaveck (31-1, 18 KOs), is focused on derailing Andre Berto (27-1, 21 KOs) for a second time. Zaveck will fight for the first time in the United States on September 3, facing Berto in an HBO televised main event. It will be Berto's first fight since losing his undefeated record, and his WBC title, to Victor Ortiz in April.

[Click Here To Read More]
                This is ok, a good matchup, and could be a good fight.

And it could answer some hard questions about both of those guys.

Comment

this is signed already? so far i've only read some rumors about it. zavec did say for slovenian media,they are planning a press conference next week about the upcoming fight.

and don't be fooled zavec is no bum. he may have fought some bums along the way but he has been in a disagreement with his club about this constantly. unfortunately his contract with SES boxing expires next year, so he can't move to an american based promoter before that.

also zavec always wanted to fight the best, and when he lost for the first time after a point robbery in poland, he considered retirement very seriously stating that in boxing if you are unable to be in your best form and beat the best, then it's not worth boxing at all.

and for all i have seen berto is just a glorified hlatswayo all the way. zavec wins this by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                    this is signed already? so far i've only read some rumors about it. zavec did say for slovenian media,they are planning a press conference next week about the upcoming fight.

and don't be fooled zavec is no bum. he may have fought some bums along the way but he has been in a disagreement with his club about this constantly. unfortunately his contract with SES boxing expires next year, so he can't move to an american based promoter before that.

also zavec always wanted to fight the best, and when he lost for the first time after a point robbery in poland, he considered retirement very seriously stating that in boxing if you are unable to be in your best form and beat the best, then it's not worth boxing at all.

and for all i have seen berto is just a glorified hlatswayo all the way. zavec wins this by KO.

i agree, i think (and i hope), that zaveck leads the way for some other eastern europeans and russians to take the risk by coming to america for HBO exposure. There is a GOLDMINE of talent in many of these countries.

Comment

Working...
                    X