View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 06:21 AM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,684,708,454.13
Total Points: 14,768,969,675.54
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KLTP] -Kirby- View Post
Technique wise he's not bad, but the accuracy with his shots is amazing. Far better than any striker in the HW division, besides the obvious Cain. Cain has far more crisp striking and he's very technical with his shots.

Best boxing in MMA is by far BJ Penn. Best HW boxing in MMA is JDS.
i have to disagree. i think his technique is very bad, and his accuracy isnt much better.

fedor, overeem, arlovski, rogers, velasquez, carwin and lil nog all have better boxing skills imo. even if JDS was th best you couldnt call it that, it would be the least worst. his skill level really is very low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze778 View Post
Cain is a more well rounded fighter and has a better arsenal of kicks and knees, but boxing wise I think JDS is better. The gap isn't big though as neither guy is a world class boxer, but both guys are good for MMA.

Dos Santos may swing wildly at times, but power is nothing without the ability to connect. Dos Santos' timing is underrated.

Cain has better footwork and I love how he mixes his striking with his wrestling, but like you said, power doesn't necessarily mean you're a solid boxer, but neither does great footwork or wrestling ability.

Takedown defense wise JDS relies on his strength and brute force rather than skill, but doesn't Brock as well. I have no doubt that Brock is big and strong enough to takedown JDS, but I doubt he can keep there long enough to inflict enough damage to finish him.

The first solid shot JDS lands will pretty much end the fight. If Brock doesn't get knocked out from that shot, he will try to run or squirm around the floor like he always does when he gets hit hard.

great footwork doesnt make u a solid boxer? im gonna have to disagree with that. there are so many things that are important in boxing but footwork is one of the cornerstones for sure.

i think velasquez boxing is on a different level from that of dos santos. cain is a solid boxer by mma standards, JDS is just a extraordinary puncher but his skills are ordinary at best.