View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:40 AM
blaze778
Lizard King

Rep Power: 20 blaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,409,939,201.59
Total Points: 5,409,977,358.47
Your first gift homey - Natedatpkid rock - TredKiller for the munchies. - Big Smoke two blunts=two subways homie! - Big Smoke Here you go homie. - Big Smoke 
for being a cool poster! - led No Message - Russian Crushin Get wasted - Russian Crushin Gotta eat the pie-ALWAYS!! - Russian Crushin get wasted lol - led 
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks - jazluvr Fattin up your gifts Playa - The Gully Gad you seem rational again. get wasted! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Cheers bro! - led cheers bra, cheers - TredKiller BURRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid cheers! - sweetpea87 Thank you that was very generous of you :) - dancovboxer 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick 

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Assassin View Post
JDS is a better boxer than velasquez? u cant be serious..

JDS is a very hard hitter but hitting hard doesnt mean u have solid boxing skills, look at wanderlei.

dos santos striking is terrible imo. he throws wide telegraphed punches, has almost no defense and a very thin arsenal of punches. its either pawing jab then overhand right or pawing jab right uppercut then left hook. thats all he ever throws, and he has no sense of distance, timing or angles when he does so. hes basicly a big strong guy just loading up his shots. velasquez is much more skilled on his feet, JDS just has power. im not buying his hype anymore than i was brocks.

same thing goes for his takedown defense, JDS just relies on brute force to get his oponents of of him rather than skill. i dont think he can do that with brock, lesnar will drive right through him and put him on his back. the way to keep from being taken down by lesnar is good wrestling and good footwork which i think kept cain on his feet as much as his wrestling. when brock shot on him he stepped to the side, i dont see dos santos doing that and i think thats why he wont be able to stop the takedown.

its a toss up imo, brock could take him down and pound him out but he also sucks bad enough on his feet to get caught with one of those wide swings from dos santos.
Cain is a more well rounded fighter and has a better arsenal of kicks and knees, but boxing wise I think JDS is better. The gap isn't big though as neither guy is a world class boxer, but both guys are good for MMA.

Dos Santos may swing wildly at times, but power is nothing without the ability to connect. Dos Santos' timing is underrated.

Cain has better footwork and I love how he mixes his striking with his wrestling, but like you said, power doesn't necessarily mean you're a solid boxer, but neither does great footwork or wrestling ability.

Takedown defense wise JDS relies on his strength and brute force rather than skill, but doesn't Brock as well. I have no doubt that Brock is big and strong enough to takedown JDS, but I doubt he can keep there long enough to inflict enough damage to finish him.

The first solid shot JDS lands will pretty much end the fight. If Brock doesn't get knocked out from that shot, he will try to run or squirm around the floor like he always does when he gets hit hard.