Thread: History today
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Holtol
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Holtol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,486,611.29
Total Points: 3,090,671.78
Good Poster. - Barnburner Cheers! - poet682006 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG815 View Post
You guys are totally ignoring the fact that Martinez put Paul Williams, who was without question a top 3 p4p guy, into a 30 second coma. That win is without question the biggest shocker of the year and is worthy of much praise. I wanted Sergio to win but I honestly thought that Paul would outpoint him. I can't imagine many of you believed that Paul would go down so easily but Sergio was in control of the entire fight and all but decapitated Paul.

BennyST said it best in this post. There is nothing more to be said. Pacquiao did what was expected, anything less would have been shocking, yet Martinez shocked us all in his winning performances.
Based on p4p Sergio should get FOTY, personaly I don't buy into p4p. I don't really think Sergio knocked out the 3rd best guy in boxing. But if Ring Magazine gives the FOTY to Paquiao it really shi**s on their p4p lists.