Thread: History today
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:22 AM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 CarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,208,198,839,967.19
Total Points: 2,208,696,893,223.51
Have a beer. - Barnburner Have some. - Hara No Message - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
Pavlik's last World-class performance? Whaddaya know, that was also in 2008, when he out-pointed Jermain Taylor.

Clottey hasn't, but that's pretty misleading. He's a top-5 147lber. (or, at the bare minimum, was) & a very legitimate challenge to almost any natural Welter out there. For Pacquiao to come up & beat him with room to spare is no joke.
I disagree. Clottey may have been ranked top 5 but he is not a top 5 ww and at this point in his career he is nothing but a human punching bag. He didn't even have his trainer in the states, instead he had a locksmith training him, and Pacquiao had Freddie Roach. Joshua Clottey never stood a chance and his career was over before that fight and I would venture to say we will never see another good performance out of him again. Poorly trained, past injuries, getting older, etc... He is done and was done before he even fought Pacquiao. To me that win was far from impressive. I just can not understand why the hell that fight happened. It was like Clottey just came out of nowhere and people just accepted him as a legitimate contender.

2010 was a terrible year for Manny Pacquiao.

I do believe that Martinez deserves FOTY. Marquez had a great year with win's over Diaz and a KO over Katsidis. Those were great fights and were more entertaining and impressive than either of Pacquiao's mismatches.