Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Pongsaklek Wonjongkam in the Top 10 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he was somewhere in the 6-10 range on both The Ring website and here.

Either way, regardless of what people think of Wonjongkam's record, he was a damn good fighter in his prime. He's very old for a flyweight now, the end could be near for him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      This man is the current Lineal Champion at Flyweight and has almost 20 Title defences at Flyweight having pretty much dominated the division for close to a decade.

Shouldn't he be in the top 10 P4P for this? Why do you think he doesn't get the credit he should?
      Dude, I was about to make the same thread.

But back to topic, I don't think he should for the simple fact that he won't leave Thailand. If he can beat segura, then yeah, but until he leaves his safe haven, I wont consider him top 10 P4P.

Comment

he's on most pfp lists I see.

he's on the ring, he's on pretty much every one I"ve seen that was somewhat respectable

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Wow, i just checked and he is. I wasn't aware of this, how long has he been in their top 10?? Ahh, maybe he does get the credit he should. I havn't purcahsed their ****zine in months. He hasn't been there long has he?
          I think he got on the list when he beat Koki Kameda and moved up once Dawson and Calderon lost and when Mosley had his draw with Mora and got demoted.

Comment

Pang is a beast that nobody really wants to fight...yes he should be in the top 10. No doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post

But back to topic, I don't think he should for the simple fact that he won't leave Thailand. If he can beat segura, then yeah, but until he leaves his safe haven, I wont consider him top 10 P4P.
              He's fought outside of Thailand, he' gone to Japan several times and he fought once in Cambodia (IIRC).

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post

Didn't he fight Koki in Japan and also his arch-rival Naito in Japan(the last couple fights) or am I mistaken?

Comment

He's currently the Ring p4p #6, which is pretty much the standard of p4p rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                    He's fought outside of Thailand, he' gone to Japan several times and he fought once in Cambodia (IIRC).
                    I thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                      I thought he was somewhere in the 6-10 range on both The Ring website and here.

Either way, regardless of what people think of Wonjongkam's record, he was a damn good fighter in his prime. He's very old for a flyweight now, the end could be near for him.
                      HOF'er?????

Comment

Working...
                      X