View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Greatest1942
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Greatest1942 has a reputation beyond reputeGreatest1942 has a reputation beyond reputeGreatest1942 has a reputation beyond reputeGreatest1942 has a reputation beyond reputeGreatest1942 has a reputation beyond reputeGreatest1942 has a reputation beyond reputeGreatest1942 has a reputation beyond reputeGreatest1942 has a reputation beyond reputeGreatest1942 has a reputation beyond reputeGreatest1942 has a reputation beyond reputeGreatest1942 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,037,468.24
Knowledgeable Poster, keep the posts coming! - Barnburner Great trivia I really enjoyed - rorymac 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NChristo View Post
Without question my first choice would be Alexis Arguello, one of my favourite boxers, 1 hour is just not enough time for me to spend with the man.

Roberto Duran, great man with a good personality, met him a while a go, couldn't really understand much of what he was saying though
Would love to sit down and just listen to his stories or watch a fight with him. Could probably spend an hour just watching him jump rope.

P.S :- I did knwo something like this is shown in the movie the Joe Louis Story but no that just any other source mags, newspapers stuffs, reports, articles by old timers etc

Joe was very fond of Sam from what I gathered, there's a few pictures of them together quite early in Joe's career and Joe always looks so happy whenever he's there, quite a rare sight, most pictures of Joe are usually emotionless especially early in his career and around the time that Max beat him.
Joe liked Sam and respected him a lot. Blackburn thought he was the best of all old timers and Louis truly believed that...BUt out of curiosity where did you see those pics? I always read Sam was not in the know after his retirement. Willis went to the Louis camp regularly and even stated that "Joe is no sucker for the right hand" after the Schemelling fight...Can you just let me know the source , not that I doubt you.

P.s : I know about the Joe LOuis Story...But not that movie, no one can say that a movie is 100% right and is a unbiased source of info, but others like newspaper reports, old time articles , major historians like Hank Klapnan , Monte Cox comments etc on this...

Last edited by Greatest1942; 09-28-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<