Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Floyd Mayweather @ 154: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It truly is an interesting match up. I'd love to see the fight quite honestly. IMO, I can see Martinez giving Mayweather a run for his "money".
    I'd do a quick breakdown of the the fight however i do not have the time.
    Breack Down
    Movement
    I will say this Martinez movement is very troublesome, it gave Citron problems, it gave Williams problems, and it gave Pavlik problems.
    Activity
    Martinez has been more active than Mayweather too so his legs are fresher.
    Accuracy/Volume
    Finally Martinez in his own right is a marksmen puncher with respectable volume, he's proved it time and time again against the aforemention fighters.

Conclusion
    I don't see Martinez knocking out Mayweather, but I DO see Martinez out boxing Mayweather on the factors above. I do NOT see Mayweather beating the *** out of anyone in this fight, let's get that straight. Mayweather might be the better boxer, but to give anyone a chance (NOW), Martinez has a good solid chance. So there you have it...a complex boxer's fight with a Splash of a little bit of Flash!
    Last edited by JBell11; 08-25-2010, 12:19 PM. Reason: CLean up

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
      I see a boring pot shot decision by Floyd. He won't go toe to toe with the bigger Martinez.
      He has gone at every southpaw he has faced.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
        You guys are talking as if Martinez is a Chump, the dude dropped P.Will, this ain't gonna be a walk in the park for Mayweather.

a flash kd? he got lucky

Comment

Stylistically I don't really see it as a "great fight." I think it will be ok but floyd should win a UD.

It's a great win on paper though for floyd.

Honestly I'd much rather see Martinez fight Williams at 160 that's guaranteed action.

Comment

what pac tards gonna say after this? MARTINEZ IS OLD? hahaha

Comment

Martinez decisions Floyd!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                a flash kd? he got lucky
                What fight did you watch? Quintana got lucky, Martinez dropped him and should've won the fight, Williams was awarded a knock down while Martinez slipped. Like I said, don't sleep on this guy.

Comment

Mayweather could move up to 160 and fight the lineal champ and he'd be a huge favorite. Just goes to show how great he really is. He's always the favorite to win.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
                    What fight did you watch? Quintana got lucky, Martinez dropped him and should've won the fight, Williams was awarded a knock down while Martinez slipped. Like I said, don't sleep on this guy.
                    keep making excuses. men lie women lie numbers dont

Comment

I love Martinez, but Floyd's lead right will not miss.

Comment

Working...
                      X