View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Dave Rado
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 Dave Rado has a reputation beyond reputeDave Rado has a reputation beyond reputeDave Rado has a reputation beyond reputeDave Rado has a reputation beyond reputeDave Rado has a reputation beyond reputeDave Rado has a reputation beyond reputeDave Rado has a reputation beyond reputeDave Rado has a reputation beyond reputeDave Rado has a reputation beyond reputeDave Rado has a reputation beyond reputeDave Rado has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 299,192,124.54
Total Points: 302,270,438.57
Great poster, excellent human being. - S a m u r a i You're a great poster, stay strong my friend! - Lorily Happy Holidays Dave! - Lorily one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortdawg25 View Post
well more people should become ridiculous and do their rankings that way. Afterall, a ranking should be earned atleast right.

If i'm ranked #5 and i beat #3, i should move atleast to #4. If i'm #3 and i beat #5, i should atleast remain #3, afterall i did win!
In your second example, if you win extremely unconvincingly, and in the opinion of some experts, were lucky to get the decision at all; and if the guy who is #4 had recently beaten the same guy easily, then there is a strong case for the guy who is #4 being ranked above you.

Of course rankings have to be earned - but to say that the only way of moving up is to beat someone listed higher than you is just not how any credible rankings have ever worked. If that was how they worked, Andre Ward would never have even got into the Super 6 tournament because at that stage he had never beaten any ranked fighter. He got into the rankings due to a long list of impressive victories over nobodies and has-beens - but he's since proven that his ranking was fully justified.

Last edited by Dave Rado; 08-10-2010 at 10:23 PM.