View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 05:04 AM   #18
Clegg

Rep Power: 154 Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,713,151,398,499,872.00
Total Points: 4,780,240,368,804,882.00
Before I get banned. - Richard Nixon FREE RiZO! - Carlton Banks MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr 
Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk Coffee Is Professional - Loccy To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita <3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy 
super clegg - Old Coward No Message - -veteran420- with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt super e-baller - MANIAC310 Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

I think him and his handlers have made mistakes.

They left 147 to prove that they could be a threat at 154 and 160. Now they have a shot at the MW champ available to them, they're saying they want to go back and fight at 147? Crazy way to do things.

I don't like Arum or GBP, but if he was with one of them his career would be in a better place right now.

On the one hand he talks like he's avoided and is willing to fight anyone. But then when he has people like Clottey and Dzinziruk chasing him he isn't interested. I hear people say stuff like 'HBO rejected the fight', but PWill fought on Versus since being on HBO, Cotto, Pavlik and JMM have fought on independent PPVs in recent years, and Juanma just moved to Showtime, so I think something could've been worked out.

The fact is that some guys are big stars and can pick and choose, but the other 99.9% of boxers have to take tough fights for not-great paydays sometimes. I see him the same way I see Bradley, hopping up and down divisions in a futile attempt to get the attention of the big names rather than picking a weightclass and beating everyone there.

If Paul had stayed at 154 back in 2008, he could've been a unified or even undisputed champion now. As it is, Cotto and the Pac/Marg winner are gonna have belts there and Williams is still in the same position he was in 2 years ago. Part of that is because of boxing politics, but it's not the only factor. PWill's career is being mismanaged and him not rematching Martinez now is another part of that.
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote