View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Lorily
currently out of stock

Rep Power: 22 Lorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 82,475,598,125,039.70
Total Points: 82,476,161,790,039.62
Drink it (mixed with love potion) - led To my wifey on Valentine's day: You're gawjus! Love you muchly ... just wait till you get your real pressie ;) rarrrrrrrr xx - *Boss Lady* love ya Lori,could give ya green for ya post so I thought to give ya a love heart... - Rome-By-Ko Hearts on fire, strong desire! - VERSATILE2K12 To keep those haters from dropping on you. - VERSATILE2K12 
Keeping it good and sweet :-) - VERSATILE2K12 What could have been - EngorgedW/Blood For your integrity in posting! - jazluvr Happy early birfday, sweetheart. - Sweet Pea 50 Happy - Bossy 
Birthday - Bossy Lovely - Bossy Wifey - Bossy Kisses :kiss: - Bossy Happy bday M. - led* 
Happy b-day L!! - the mesiah Happy Birthday have some cake - MARKBNLV Happy holidays Moonlight! - led* Happy new year to you! - jazluvr Hey there luv hope all is well... - Rome-By-Ko 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mathed Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Childhood Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Chunday View Post
Its not a lack of religion that is the cause of society's ills. I dont believe that if everyone was a christian fundamentalist things would be better.
U also have to look at how very religious societies treat their people.

And i dont think people dont believe in God because bad things happen to good people. But that his existence isnt at all apparent. The world shows no sign of a loving God. Life is just a complex and chaotic happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAuthority View Post
Why do you believe religion is good for society?
.................................................. .................................................. ....

Unfortunately the data do not support your "contention".

The data suggest that more religious societies have more social problems (e.g crime / murder, teenage pregnancies etc)
I don't think you have to be "religious" to be a believer... not at all. I'm not religious, I only consider myself to be spiritual in the sense that I believe in a Higher Power (God) and put my faith and trust in Him. I certainly don't believe you have to go to Church or preach to anyone about Him to be a good person. I have more contempt for the stoutly religious and Bible thumpers that sit in judgement of other people according to their own beliefs (while being hypocrites themselves). Bubba, you hit the nail on the head when you said "But that his existence isnt at all apparent. The world shows no sign of a loving God." Most of us that are older know that when our parents grew up, for the most part, taught their children about God (in whatever form), they prayed and taught their children about their belief in God (or whatever Higher Power).... but as the decades pass, less is being taught about Him and more children grow up as non-believers and go on to raise their children as non-believers etc. etc. Children generally learn by what their parents teach them and as they get older they form their own opinion to it. Less and less parents teach them about any kind of Higher power anymore, so they have no real reference point of belief to grow up on. I'm not saying, by any means, that you have to go to church to believe, only that IMO without a Higher power of some sort to believe in that the structure of humanity today seems to have changed quite drastically over the last 30 or so years... certainly not for the better.
Let me ask this, for anyone who wants to answer... why do you think so many people in prison "find" a Higher power?