View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Bubba Chunday
The mighty meat eater

Rep Power: 4319 Bubba Chunday has a reputation beyond reputeBubba Chunday has a reputation beyond reputeBubba Chunday has a reputation beyond reputeBubba Chunday has a reputation beyond reputeBubba Chunday has a reputation beyond reputeBubba Chunday has a reputation beyond reputeBubba Chunday has a reputation beyond reputeBubba Chunday has a reputation beyond reputeBubba Chunday has a reputation beyond reputeBubba Chunday has a reputation beyond reputeBubba Chunday has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 86,755.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorily View Post
I agree with you, and it's sad that because He gave us "free will" that bad things have happened. IMO People mistake that [when terrible things happen to good people] as Him allowing bad things to happen, thus leading many in todays society not to believe in Him. I am of the contention that society is becoming a worse place to live because people have stopped believing, therefore not passing that belief on to their children and so on and so on. I can't imagine what this world is going to be like in another 100 years, and it scares me for my child and his future children to come.
Its not a lack of religion that is the cause of society's ills. I dont believe that if everyone was a christian fundamentalist things would be better.
U also have to look at how very religious societies treat their people.

And i dont think people dont believe in God because bad things happen to good people. But that his existence isnt at all apparent. The world shows no sign of a loving God. Life is just a complex and chaotic happening.