View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 01:23 PM
theironone
TwixyBanjoCunks

Rep Power: 349 theironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 31,091.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingMan
I posted something similar before the forums was taken down, so I didn't get to read all the replies...

Pretty much after sparring, I get headaches even though we wear headgear and sparring gloves etc. I wasn't that worried the first time round cos I got hit real good, but yesterday I only took a few glancing glows and had a minor headache...

What does that mean? I think I've got a ****ty chin, so should I stop practicing? Or just hit the bags? I need all my brains about me for my day job, I spar and fight cos I love it, not to make money...as a creative person I need all my cognitive skills!

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
If your getting headaches see your doctor.
I never got headaches and had an agreesive style so did used to take shot's more than someone who ran or moved, all i got was the general ache's around the neck and top of back and shoulders, then again though i did feel I could take a good shot, so mentally you may need to try to adapt (no disrespect), eg try to relax a little more when sparring and have more confidence in your self to take the shot's.
I'd say the best thing to do though is to restrict sparring if your not competing,(few and far between sessions) fair enough if you like it but if your body isn't cut out for it maybe you should stick to less brain cell reducing workout's.