View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 PM
MONEYMAY-
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond reputeMONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond reputeMONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond reputeMONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond reputeMONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond reputeMONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond reputeMONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond reputeMONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond reputeMONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond reputeMONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond reputeMONEYMAY- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 474,961.86
chat crew - project xxx1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - $iCaRiO Sr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Top Rank- View Post
Bro...I have followed Morales as well, although I have missed news here and there due to the language barriers at the time. I always tell people that no shot fighter puts on the back to back performances that Morales did against Marco and Manny.

Also people punish Morales for failing to do something no Mexican has ever done; which is win a title in a 4th class. Not to sound disrespectful by any means, but Mexicans just don't have the body types to move up and down weight classes like that (history has shown us that). If they did, then legendary fighters like Chavez and others would have done it a long time ago but it has never happened.

So why say he was shot because he couldn't do what no Mexican has ever done? While I haven't done the research, I'm willing to bet they all looked just as bad as he did in there fourth class as well.
I mean it's funny because everyone expects fighters these days to be able to go up in weight and still be the same fighter because of Pacquiao and Floyd but everyone is different is the point I want to get across. Not everyone is god gifted with the ability to move up so well in weight and still be the same you were with the same power.

I mean after decades of Mexican boxing no one has done it and maybe there's a physical explanation to it but tbh I wouldn't know much about it.

Some fighters peak differently, Morales had peaked already but it doesn't mean you're "shot".