View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:04 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,739,174.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calilloyd View Post
Oh, I can put up many more examples. But I'm not going to do your homework for you. Besides, you claimed 100 percent of Ali's "contemporaries" had a negative opinion or didn't think he was the greatest. My ONE example proves that you lied and don't know what you're talking about. That's all I needed. Try again,Tunney Light. Nat Fleischer said a lot of silly things. Such as "Frazier is not a hard puncher" among other things lol. More important, how many times did Fleischer step in the ring with Ali, Foreman, or Holmes? Or any professional fighter?I'll take Ken Norton's word over a man that's been dead for how long now?
By the way one last little thing. I`m fairly sure that Nat Fleischer ``stepped into the ring``with nearly every one of the fighters you mention, although perhaps not Holmes. He said that he`d been at ringside for every top fighter beginning with Jeffries in 1903, and ending in 1972 when he unfortunately died. So it`s not a stretch to assume that he also went into the ring at the end of each fight, to get a quote.

Whadda ya tink...