View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:05 PM
geribeetus
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 geribeetus has a reputation beyond reputegeribeetus has a reputation beyond reputegeribeetus has a reputation beyond reputegeribeetus has a reputation beyond reputegeribeetus has a reputation beyond reputegeribeetus has a reputation beyond reputegeribeetus has a reputation beyond reputegeribeetus has a reputation beyond reputegeribeetus has a reputation beyond reputegeribeetus has a reputation beyond reputegeribeetus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 33,547.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
Yeah, Johnson II doesn't have the drama or excitement of the first fight.

It was a much more educated and smarter performance by Dawson. He didn't stand in front of Johnson and fight him on the inside a lot, like he did in the first fight. He also did a better job picking his shots from what I remember. Before he used to throw these fast five punch combos that were getting blocked a lot and sapping his energy. He cut down on those.

IIRC correctly, I think one or two of the judges giving Johnson five rounds in the rematch. That took me by surprise because I really couldn't see giving Johnson more than three, TBH.
yeah the rematch wasn't too hot. dawson did what he had to do, and i think johnson got several gift rounds.

dawson's fun to watch as far as speed and skills, but that's about it imo. i'll still watch his fights as long as someone else i like ain't on. i'm ready for his fight with pascal.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<