View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Heru
Quintessence

Rep Power: 29 Heru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 636,671,037,215.41
Total Points: 736,671,148,027.07
Keep up your posting - J. HITTER bottoms up - gancho_al_igado Badass poster - Stone Roses! For supporting Palestine - Stone Roses! Have another Champ - Stone Roses! 
a bribe to get you in the thunderdome and post homie, lol, nyahahahahahaha c u soon homie, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest give it to guzman's fat ass - Dick Buffman Give some of this to Guzman - Dick Buffman for Guzman's beer gut - INSECT merry xmas - Subtraction 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dick Buffman 

Quote:
Originally Posted by And Still View Post
And from round 3 onward, all he told Shane was what?...

For 7 or 8 rounds, Shane got platitudes.

Floyd Senior was brutalized on here for having done a poor job w Hatton when he told Ricky "I told you...."
What type of advice is "I told you" or "keep boxing that motha****a"?

That quote from the 3rd round is more specific and constructive than any trainer I've heard in the corner, let alone the Mayweather's. Good trainers, decent cornermen at best.

He told Shane to up his output, to work his jab, not to 2nd guess himself, not to hesitate, work those angles, etc. There's only so many times, you're gonna repeat yourself.

Just like I'm not gonna keep repeating myself, looking for Naazim's quotes in between round to prove that he did a great job in the corner and gave great advice, but Shane couldn't pull it off.