View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 02:24 PM
General Zod
Banned

Rep Power: 0 General Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 164.51
Total Points: 204,221.49
your the man - project xxx1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
I bet that Jones got more money for fighting Ruiz than he did for any of his fights with Arum.. More than enough money for $100,000 to bear into insignificance anyway.. But yes, that doesn't mean to say they were friends.. One of King's main qualities, is to give over that impression..

Yep, I'd give Benn a punchers chance if he jumped on him the way he did Barkley.. But if he tried to box with Jones, I'm afraid the longer the fight went on, the more he would be schooled..
Jones got a guarenteed 10M up front and a slice of the ppv buys for the Ruiz fight, which is why he never bothered to take part in the promotions for the fight. You cant really compare it with Arum because of the historical significance of it i.e a MW fighting at HW. Before the Ruiz fight I think Jones best payday was for his fight with Toney, which did 300K ppvs. I think Jones got about 2.5m for that fight, which was promoted by Arum.