View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 04:07 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,598,798,629.03
Total Points: 1,609,013,663.85
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It would be nice to find out what really happened someday
Well I might be wrong, but I did hear a rumour that the winner of Eubank-Benn II was to have his next 3 fights under the ill-fated Warren-King partnership.. Oddly enough, the fight ended in a controversial draw and the liason between King and Warren soon fell apart with King claiming around 6 million quid in damages.. Can you add anything to this, or is it as I said, 'Only a rumour?'
Although it's pretty obvious Jones avoided punchers, I don't think Benn with his free-swinging style would have worried him.. I can't help but think, Don King would have had the final say on it.. I also firmly believe that it was more than just a fighter-promoter relationship between Jones and King, it was more like they were drinking buddies..
I always got the impression that the Don took extra special care of him..