View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 AM
ballgamessuck
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 ballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 415.16
Total Points: 88,728.95
have a beer on me son - MELLY-MEL... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Work Jr. View Post
I agree....

and I think he retired because there was NO Big MONEY fights out there a that time....

no matter what people want to say...A Mayweather-Cotto fight at that time would not have been a big fight.

Mayweather wants to break the PPV records and knocking off the other PPV guys.....

I could be wrong
Cotto wasnt a big money fight because he had just lost to Margarito, but there were plenty of other fights to be made. He was planning to rematch DLH when he announced his retirement. Do you honestly believe that wasnt a big money fight? He also could have fought Mararito or rematched Hatton. There is always another challenge out there, just a matter of whether or not you accept it. Then again, the fact that Mayweather, in your words, "wants to break PPV records and knocking off the other PPV guys", says something about his character, or lack thereof. It is mostly about the money and protecting his 0 to him.