Jealousy rears its ugly head’, in the form of Floyd Mayweather Jr
February 15, 7:19 PMSacramento Fight Sports E
Over the last few months, rarely a day went by without Floyd Mayweather Jr making comments about Manny Pacquiao. Even today, if you scroll through Pacland for articles on Floyd Mayweather Jr, you will find some harsh comments from Floyd about Manny. There’s no other logical conclusion about these obsessive comments other than Floyd is jealous and here’s why:
What Shane Mosley fight?
The first evidence of Floyd’s jealousy is the fact that he spends more time talking about Manny Pacquiao than he does his upcoming fight with Shane Mosley. You’d think Floyd would actually focus most of his energy on his fight with Mosley, who’s looking to knockout Floyd. Instead, Floyd continues to talk about drug tests and paydays that involve Manny Pacquiao.
* Feb 6th 2010 - All roads lead to Floyd Mayweather. I don't need Manny Pacquiao. For him to get his biggest payday he needs me. FMJ, Boxingscene.com
* Feb 8th 2010 - “Manny Pacquiao didn’t want to take a 25 million dollar drug test. FMJ, SportsRadioInterviews.com
* Feb 13th 2010 - “Instead of 20 or 25 (million dollars), he may have to drop to 15, or 17,” Mayweather said. “And you know me, they may have to throw that extra five or 10 on mine, and we can rock and roll. Take it or leave it.” FMJ, Grand Rapids Press
Pound for Pound Best Fighter
Sharon Collier Sacramento, CA “Rick do you think Floyd is jealous of Manny being the world’s pound for pound best fighter?”
Sharon, Floyd Mayweather is jealous of Pacquiao being rated the best pound for pound fighter in the world. When asked about it, he went off saying that people are entitled to their opinions but then says that he basically could care less what the fans think because he lives for himself. In another interview, Floyd goes on about how Manny has 3 losses and questions Manny’s greatness.
* February 8th 2010 - “Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I live my life the way I live my life and I’m happy with what I do. I live for Floyd Maywetaher. I don’t live for the fans.’ FMJ, SportsRadioInterviews.com
* February 6th - “How can you be indestructible with three losses and he's been knocked out twice?” FMJ, Boxingscene.com
Manny is the People’s Champ
Floyd is also extremely jealous of the fact that the public embraces Manny more now than Floyd. In fact, Manny has an entire country that shuts down for his fights, Floyd probably has an entire “Folsom prison block” shut down for his fights. Here’s Floyd’s view on life and here’s Manny’s view on life. You can clearly see why more people want to follow Manny.
* February 8th 2010 - “I live for Floyd Mayweather. I don’t live for the fans. I love the fans but I live for myself. Self preservation is first. I must be happy first before I can make anybody else happy.” FMJ, SportsRadioInterviews.com
* February 4th, 2010 - “For me, it’s Boxing and God. I think what I have done in boxing is because of my sacrifices and my faith in God.” Manny Pacquiao, BoxingScene.com
Floyd is all about the hype. But it’s Manny who’s getting the Mainstream attention. For a guy like Floyd, this lack of mainstream attention probably kills him. You see, Manny doesn’t have to go to the Superbowl or to the NBA All-Star game to generate attention; Oh no no, Hollywood’s celebrities, 60 Minutes, and Good Morning America are all coming to him.
* February 7th, 2010 - “CBS is going to start shooting material next Sunday at Coach Freddie Roach's funky Wild Card Gym. Good Morning America on the ABC network is also going to do something on Manny.” Bob Arum, interview with Michael Marley, Examiner.com
In addition to the big TV news shows, celebrities like Steven Seagal, Jean Claude Van Damme, Jeremy Piven and Mark Wahlberg have all recently stopped by to pay their respects and show their support.
Davey Johnson Sacramento, Ca “Rick, with all the celebrities stopping by to see Manny, do you think anyone will stop by Mayweather’s training?” Danny, I think the only people who will stop by are criminal associates of the Mayweather clan and the defense attorney for Roger Mayweather.
What other things do you think Floyd Mayweather Jr is jealous of when it comes to Manny Pacquiao?