View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 04:20 PM
oldgringo
Ellis

Rep Power: 21530 oldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 795,298.12
Kobe Stopper! Kobe Stopper! - MizzzouMan For the favorite fighter thread. I knew I liked you for a reason....LMAO - sweet pea 50 dilla donuts! - el guason456 For that laker clip. Christ ,my sides hurt.... LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma One of my favorite tracks to rip. - El Gallo Negro! 
HAVE SOME OF DEM BEEENIE BEEBE?!? - Sweet Pea 50 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler jr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scap
Agreed, I too wonder how good NArd's competition has been...besides to blown up welters his resume does not really impress me...he recieved the consensus number 1 p4p ranking for wins over those two welters as well.

Everyone keeps saying when will Hopkins get old...well if he fights guys who want to play chess and throw 10 punches a round he will never get old. Nard is smart and he likes playing chess because no one can beat him at it....I want to see a JEff LAcy, Kassim Ouma or Joe Calzaghe fight him...these guys let there hands go and if anyone will show Hopkins age it will be a volume puncher like one of these three guys...

But he will never fight any of them, if Taylor is passive which I think NArd expects and he gets by him he will then fight Tarver who is a lazy fighter and Hopkins v. Tarver has the makings of a very overpriced overhyped bore fest with both fighters doing little or nothing to earn the fans money.

I like Hopkins and his streak of title defenses is impressive but do you think he would have gotten thru or fought these middleweights who were all fughting in the same era?

Julian Jackson
Nigel Benn
MikeMcCallum
Chris Eubank
James Toney
Michael Nunn
Roy Jones-Nard fought like a ***** not an executioner
Sumbu Kalambay
Thomas Tate
Gerald McClellan
Michael Watson
Herol Grahm

Now my question here is has Hopkins beaten 1 middleweight on his record that was better than any of thee guys? No he hasn't...he is a great fighter for his defense record but compared to this list his record looks a little padded to me...

I would have favored Nard over everyone except Toney Jones and I'd make him even money with Nunn and McCallum.