View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,544,778.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryn0 View Post
I'm not a Khan fan, but Barrera didn't rock him all over the place.

And it takes alot of a young guy to come back from being KO'd within the first round to beat Barrera and even in the manner he did it (yes well past prime but still) and then beat a legitimate world champion with a world class defence. Kotelnik is no world beater but he's capable of rooting out the hypejobs and beat Maidana and Rees etc.

Khan is a good fighter and has the attributes to be a great one, time will tell. But he has all the skills so why not make him marketable? Why not give him exposure? People complain about boxers not getting enough mainstream exposure but Khan is pretty big in the UK and hes bringing boxing out again. Why not let that happen? It can only be good for you sport

Thats fine, but lets not hear people trying to con hardcore fans into thinking Khan deserves more credit for beating former super bantamweights (controversially) and beating nobodies like Salita and losing fights to the likes of Prescott( nobody)

I aint having people try and con me, it is what is. If he wants respect he will fight for it, that means fighting better opponents who have a chance of beating him, see Bradley vs Holt, Peterson.