View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 03:45 PM
MyHonestyIsReal
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these partsMyHonestyIsReal is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,673.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitBattousai View Post
Certainly. He was arguably the top Welter since his lone loss to Margarito had a big asterisk and he had beaten Clottey and Mosley(in very close fights). Mosley or Clottey would be a tougher style matchup for Pac, imo, than Cotto was, but he was no doubt an elite Welter when he faced Pac.
Whether Margarito cheated vs. Cotto is irrelevant because I don't count that loss against him, what is relevant is the beating that Miguel Cotto took. I though he lost the Clottey 114-113, at the very least it was as close as the Zab-Baldomir fight.

What I feel like you do is see one opposition's faults while you don't see the others. Personally, I think De La Hoya looked twice as good coming into the Floyd fight than Cotto did coming in to the Pacquiao fight. DLH was coming off a dominating KO win over Mayorga, while Cotto was abused by Margarito, fought a bum, then had a razor thin decision against a mid-level 147 guy.