View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:48 PM
1SILVA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 189,457.87
Great job on my assignment. Here's another book for your collection. - BattlingNelson 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derranged View Post
Just wondering, I never got a clear answer on this. I haven't seen the fight or a documentary on it in quite a while.
In the second and third rounds, Ali was hurt by some hellacious body shots and when you watch the fight you can see him wince. The key to him surviving was he kept telling Foreman that his punches were soft. Foreman in many interviews said how he was deflated throughout the fight when Ali would tell him his punches were doing no damage at all. Ali had the mind and heart of a lion.