View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,394,182.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffDaChainChico View Post
This should be an interesting fight that can go either way because I think it'll be hard to tell what strategies they're likely to use. What do you guys think? What strategies will Pacquiao and Cotto will use to win? Who will be the boxer/puncher? Will they go to war? etc...
pac's overall strategy will be to potshot cotto early while using his mobility to force cotto to chase pac. if cotto doesn't chase, then pac will simply outspeed and use southpaw angles to hit and run. then around the 5th round (when cotto gets tired) pac will turn up the volume punching and either keep cotto in a defensive shell, outworking cotto or stop cotto late either by tKO or force cotto to quit again.

cotto's strategy should be: don't chase pac and waste energy. he needs to channel jmm. never back up. punches in buncheswhen pac punches. cut off the ring and force pac into the ropes or corners. throw hard jabs that will move pac to where cotto wants to. cotto has to concentrate on the body early to slow pac down. later in the fight cotto needs to throw almost exclusively right hands to the head. I highly recommend cotto bring in valero for sparring.