View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 04:23 PM
AKATheMack
Unreasonably Logical

Rep Power: 0 AKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2.55
Total Points: 140,028,887.61
Drink up man - mangler No Message - MARKBNLV Real Man™ - Dick Buffman shine for 1 hand - RunW/Knives shine for the other - RunW/Knives 
Profits for your Pocket - RunW/Knives money for my boy - RunW/Knives more money for my boy - RunW/Knives I was like, don't leave that lying around son that's cheddah - RunW/Knives We're getting paid in this M'fer. - RunW/Knives 
Mack's get dollars bruh.  Keep on Mackin' homie. - Chief2ndzOnly! have a beer on me - led No Message - led Happy b day - MARKBNLV 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV 

Quote:
Originally Posted by street bully View Post
Come on. The Pavlik hype was at its peak then. People were talking about kelly probably KOing people with his jab in the future, and were making thread about him vs Hagler prime for prime, with a good percentage saying Pavlik would win. Pavlik was turning fihgter sinto rubble, and only lost to Hopkins because he could not deal with angles and a slick fighter who was better than him. Pavlik still beats all the SMW's IMO.
His HYPE was at its peak, and I think BHop receives too much credit because of that HYPE.Now I did like Pavlik but he really just a tough guy with a strong punch nothing more nor less. The people comparing Pavlik to Hagler were the same people comparing Margarito to Hearns and Im not even going to get into what I think of most of that crowd. I won money on both the BHop-Pavlik and SSM-Margo fights because Im more interestd in money than rooting for a certain fight, I love the sport as a whole.We must interpret Wrights fight differently because I though he was walking Tito down with the jab and blocking the counters also. If we were to go on hype Lacy had that same amount of hype going into the Calzaghe fight, and even I jumped on that one from my own ignorance of Joe.

Last edited by ReppinDubK; 08-16-2009 at 04:25 PM.