View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,729,711,872,671.30
Total Points: 73,729,711,874,541.31
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC View Post
Thinks that's ok, Ali got a lot of fans into the sport as did Louis Dempsey etc.
Ideally someone develops an interest in boxing through a fighter then develops an interest in the sport then other fighters past and present. If I flog my memory it was that way with me and you too I'm sure? Quite a few good posters in here seem to point at Tyson as being the guy who got them interested but post well on a variety of boxers and eras.
Problem is only where fans think boxing begins and ends with the fighter that got them interested.
Actually I first got into boxing back in the early 70s (72 or 73) when I was like four or five watching ABC's Wide World Of Sports on Saturdays: Boxing was, in fact, my first sport. There wasn't any one boxer that got me into it. I watched the bouts and fell in love with the sport. I have always been a fan of the boxing first, individual fighters second.

That being said, there are fighters that I'm a fan of. However, because I place the sport itself first, it allows me to be objective when evaluating even those fighters I'm fond of.

Poet
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<