Originally Posted by Sage84
First name that came to mind was Floyd actually, but every name that has been mentioned i agree with - Hopkins, Paulie, Marquez, maybe Mosley. Sadly i cant think of any British fighter.
- Possibly Calzaghe but he was just natural, he adjusted throughout fights rather than studying tapes and making game plans.
- Def not Hatton, he isnt smart enough.
- I dont think Haye is smart enough either, he still makes basic mistakes e.g. Backs off in a straight line every single time if he gets pushed back.
- Khan.....well no....thicker than Hatton.
- Lewis would actually IMO, but hes decided to go off down another road.
- Prince Naz just doesnt seem interested in the sport anymore, plus i dont think he had a clue himself about what he was gonna do on fight night lol.
- The we have the jokes of the British HW scene, Skelton, Audley, Williams, Sprott etc
agree with alot of what youve said - the likes of khan and hatton just dont have the IQ. the likes of naz and haye rely too much on their physical attributes and are lacking a little bit imo.
i think calzaghe may decide to go into it because i dont think hes cut out to be a promoter. someone like hatton or haye would suit that role - zaghe seems like a straight up guy and his diet hard, train hard and fight hard philosphy is very much old skool. his knowledge of boxing may not be that good but as enzo showed you can overcome that and still be a great trainer.
lewis would probably be the best bet, hes a very smart fighter, with little ego and good knowledge of the game.
hopkins is an obvious choice,
the likes of JMM, floyd, toney, tarver and chris byrd might be good trainers as well