View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 08:54 PM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,407,967,569.32
Total Points: 7,609,102,368.87
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
What and who is Wladimir? Wladimir is

1) Olympic HW Champion,
2) IFB/trueWBA/WBO/IBO and the Ring Magazine Champion,
4) a boxer who KOed 47 of his 56 opponents,
5) a most dominant HW boxer of his era, along with his brother Vitaliy,
6) and, most of all, a person of incredible will, who achieved much of the above after devastating losses to Brewster and Sanders, after most people -- but his true fans -- had written him off.

Remember, Wladimir is the guy who kept getting up after repeated KDs in the Sanders fight. I remember that George Foreman, in his commentary for HBO, saw heart and determination in this. I am happy to say that George Foreman has been proven to be right about Wladimir... by Wladimir.
This era's heavyweight division sucks though so him dominating it isn't anything special.

His bro tried taking on an old undertrained Lewis and still failed so there you have it.