View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 02:45 AM
Mr. Untouchable
I'm Mildly Retarded

Rep Power: 17 Mr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,845.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl
Have you had any formal boxing training at all? I'll have to assume no, if that's the case I say stick with the conventional stance, focus on the important aspects of training first and as you progress in your training ask your coach that you would like to try out some " new " things and work from there. My point is learn the trade first before you get into any of the 'cutesy' stuff. I hear where you are coming from though as far as feeling more natural w/ your "weak" side compared to your natural stance, I was like that when I first started. As I evolved as an amateur my trainer actually introduced me to some of the fancy stuff as well as the little dirty tactics (lol). I read on one of the posts about throwing off an opponent by switching stances, it does work, but if your competing in a novice level, it really doesn't matter, if your switching from left to right in a bout, 'cause your opponent recognizes it as the same thing and will just go on about his business of throwing wild punches(lol).
No I don't have any formal boxing training. I am trying to getthe basics down so that I don't look stupid when I enter a gym and say that I want to train. I spend a lot of time working the heavy bag, speedbag and double end bag. I am just making sure I am not wasting my time by doing the same amount of work from both sides.