View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Southpaw16BF

Rep Power: 14 Southpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 88,495.60
Total Points: 742,714.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManchine View Post
I've only heard rumours about it. I'd like to hear something from Ayala or Cuevas themselves to decide whether it was true or not. I've also heard that Mosley used to beat up on the best Mexican fighters in sparring since he was a kid.

In the end of the year ratings Ayala Jr was number 2 while McCallum was number 5.
Well Cuevas's manager quoted Cuevas as saying ''Incredible'' about Ayala, there were also alot of people watching the spar aswell.

Hmmm.... you say Mosely beat up on Mexican fighters. Were these fighters Dominant World Champions, Top 3 in their weight division and feared punchers like Cuevas was??????

Another reason why Ring Magzine may have Ayala higher was because he was also pretty avoided in the 154 division, and was struggling to get fights that would move him up the rating.

Before he went to jail, he did however have fights with Roberto Duran and Davey Moore on the table.