View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 05:15 AM
El Chicano
Juan Hitter Quitter

Rep Power: 35 El Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 530,651,001,855.51
Total Points: 530,651,112,947.20
No Message - T-97 happy 2000th - The Gully Gad oatmeal stout is what its about - el guason456 For being a true boxing fan! - Dorian Jotto runnin like a straight up bitch - {}{}MATADOR{}{} 
Happy b-day homey - mangler Happy Birfday! - Sweet Pea 50 Happy b day - Jewshua i forgot the beer.lol. Viva margacotto!!! - strugler A token of appreciation on your useful posts .. - Hard2kill 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Ch@mpBox@PR Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Spacey1991 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MexicanMauler Gay and Lesbian Pride - S K I N Gay and Lesbian Pride - S K I N 

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian5000 View Post
Completely up is objective, so officially the only way to do it is by knees and arms/hands off the mat. As soon as that happens the count should stop, then ref should take several seconds to discern whether the fighter's ok to continue...Of course it never got to that point because he mistakingly counted to 10 after Cintron was already "up"... Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Cintron should of won. I didn't see near enough of the fight to tell who should of won the decision. Just addressing this one issue where people think it would of been better for Martinez to get the fake KO.
The Referee counted to 10. There have been other fights where the fighter was up (faster than Cintron) and the Referee counted to 10 and the fight was over. Cintron cried and got his way. If the fight would have been over after the 7th, no one would have complained. Cintron got hit so hard, he thought he got butted and felt it was OK if he stayed down even as the referee was counting, cuz he felt he was not hurt by a PUNCH. The referee should have stuck to his original decision and declared Martinez the winner. End Of Story.