View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 03:11 AM
-Swizzy-
The Bad Guy

Rep Power: 29 -Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,762,299,806,200.31
Total Points: 13,763,300,214,938.40
tua ko4 over arreola. tua ko8 over peter. war tua!!! - Left Hook Tua so i'm just a big joke to you eh? lmao - Left Hook Tua thanks. i'm quite a post whore. - Left Hook Tua thanks for supporting my thread mate - D E M Dz A here's another beer for being generous - D E M Dz A 
and something to eat with those beers...cheers mate you deserved it - D E M Dz A happy new year , canuck. - Left Hook Tua youre one of the best basketball knowledgable posters, youre a lebron fan but  you still cool - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post

I have Kareem as the greatest ever. But Lebron at 23 better than Jordan at 23?

Give Jordan the same team Bron took to the finals and they don't get swept.

The 93 Suns with Barkley, KJ, Marjele, etc weren't a great team?
The 92 Blazers with Clyde, Porter, Duckworth, Robinson etc weren't a great team?

Jordan at 23 put in 37 a game, had over 200 steals and over 100 blocks.

When was the last time anyone did that?

When Jordan was 23.

I agree with your marketing statement though, it put him on a level so far above anyone else, its actually ridiculous.
You can't possibly rate any of the teams that Jordan faced higher than the Pistons, Celtics and Spurs that Lebron faced.

Jordan averaged 37 but Lebron would have averaged 45+ playing in that era. Thats why wilt isn't considered the greatest even though he averaged 50 and had some 100 pt games because he was playing against centers that were on average 6'7 while he was 7'1.

the second best SG in Jordan's era was Mitch Richmond. and he was basically the ONLY other great SG in the NBA and there were no others that could challenge Jordan defensively or offensively.

Lebron faces a defensive and offensive struggle almost every night against far more talented players that are playing more complexe defensive schemes than Jordan had to deal with.