View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 07:39 PM
adrsan84
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 adrsan84 has a reputation beyond reputeadrsan84 has a reputation beyond reputeadrsan84 has a reputation beyond reputeadrsan84 has a reputation beyond reputeadrsan84 has a reputation beyond reputeadrsan84 has a reputation beyond reputeadrsan84 has a reputation beyond reputeadrsan84 has a reputation beyond reputeadrsan84 has a reputation beyond reputeadrsan84 has a reputation beyond reputeadrsan84 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 249,137,651.90
Total Points: 249,759,923.67
Send a message via AIM to adrsan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post
So, basically, Mayweather would have to beat both Margarito and Williams.
nah, I think Tony will beat Paul in early 09, and that would leave floyd with the option of fighting whoever the other top dog is and erasing all doubt of his greatness.

To me he doesn't even have to fight Margarito necessarily, if he came back this year and fought Williams in december or something I would give him mad props, but I think since the welterweight picture doesn't have an established king he would have to beat a couple of guys. If Margarito beats Clottey in November and then Williams in 09 and then Floyd beats him, then in that ciscumstance he could claim to beat the top welter and beat the toughest guy. Same if Williams beats Tony.

I don't want to downplay what Floyd did do in his career, but I just think that him beating the top welter/s at this point is something doeable, that he should have tried, that would have put him on a whole other level, but it was very risky and he didn't even try.