View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 03:04 PM
MaYaN_SuN
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MaYaN_SuN is infamous around these partsMaYaN_SuN is infamous around these partsMaYaN_SuN is infamous around these partsMaYaN_SuN is infamous around these partsMaYaN_SuN is infamous around these partsMaYaN_SuN is infamous around these partsMaYaN_SuN is infamous around these partsMaYaN_SuN is infamous around these partsMaYaN_SuN is infamous around these partsMaYaN_SuN is infamous around these partsMaYaN_SuN is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 156,666.05
props 4 sharin' that classic jmm fight .... - -Boxzilla- 

I was about to make a post about this after the Cotto fight. But no, Marg is past his prime, the Margarito that got past Six Head Lewis with those fairly decent fast hands was far more faster then this Margarito we see now, but now he's got more weight in his punch. Tony had some decent handspeed for awhile there, but he couldn't get a major fight like he's gotten now. ****, I think his biggest fight aside from Lewis, was Cintron back then.

I wasn't even watching boxing yet, but I looked at some video, and I can't believe he never got a fight with Mayorga. That would have been brutal. Would have been twice as better as this Cotto fight.

But this Margarito we're seein now is gonna get outboxed eventually, unless Tony gets that all natural red-bull in him, gets some premium focus, talkin about some dedicated concentration, to where he gets his reflexes exercised to the point his torso and head can slip away from fast punches. Not like Mayweather or anything, but more like Duran. If Tony can do that, I think he'll last a good minute at welterweight.

I really don't want to see him end up like a Cesar Bazan. Obviously tough, but too old to mount an offense for 12 rounds.