View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 PM
The_Italian
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 The_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 59,353.28
Good poster and congrats on 1000 posts! - Brockton Lip Congrats at 1K! - Bendigo happy birthday bro! - reedickyaluss 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El 7 Mares View Post
Let me tell you why.

Joshua Clottey just fought a main event against the former WW Champion, Zab Judah on HBO and won. He is on a winning streak and hasn't lost a fight since Tony Margarito in '06.

Paul Williams' last two fights were on Showtime. Neither of which was the main event. He lost the first one, with a horrible showing, and didn't show much in the rematch, which could be considered a fluke, with Quintana not being properly warmed up.

If Williams wants to raise his value, he needs to seek a 3rd fight with Quintana or a slugfest against Kermit Cintron. This fight needs to happen on HBO, preferibly on a doubleheader with Tony vs Clottey. Then maybe if he wins, a fight with Tony would be more sellable to the general public.
no...

it could be that MAYBE margarito is becoming the new floyd mayweather jr of the division...only willing to fight ALMOST the best...rather than THEE best.

if i were antonio margarito i'd be seeking fights with top welter's or someone who beat me who could prevent me from being seen as THEE BEST in the division (ie. paul williams; whether he beat quintana or not the first time).

If im margarito I could call out the best like floyd mayweather jr (i dont want to hear retired BS...i think he comes back for the right money he's only what 30? 31?) or maybe an oscar de la hoya (who fought mayweather closley through 12 rounds)...

or a cotto rematch (i had it even after 10; it was a good close fight and in the first 6 rounds it appeared to be a fight that margarito could lose)...so it wasnt one sided...

OR the williams rematch.

those right there are ALL FIGHTS that should happen before clottey or judah.

if margarito wants to take one as a tune-up on regular HBO (in a double header featuring whatever his opponent will be) then thats fine if he uses clottey or judah as the tune-up fighter...but for a major PPV event margarito fighting clottey or judah just isnt worth the $50.

plain and simple.

i'd pay $50 to see margarito rematch cotto; fight floyd; fight oscar; or rematch williams...but i wont pay it for him to take a $50 PPV fight with someone that he will easily outclass.