View Single Post
Old 06-15-2003, 11:43 PM
DOGGx0

Rep Power: 33 DOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,414.58
Total Points: 553,065.90
Send a message via AIM to DOGGx0 Send a message via MSN to DOGGx0

Today was a good day. I ran in the morning and went training at House Of Champions (HOC) in Sherman Oaks, CA at night for about 2-3 hours.

In the morning, I did 30 minutes of running, and sprinted the last 3 minutes of the run (like usual).
*Cardio = 30 minutes; running.

At HOC in the evening, I worked my jiu-jitsu and takedown skills. My takedowns are getting good. I got really frustrated that I was not connecting 100% and implimenting the takedowns like i should have. I finally saw what i was doing wrong and hit it over and over everytime after that. I burned a little bit of skin off my feet from performing my "soon-to-be" devestating takedowns, lol. The way I was working the takedown was by getting a partner and just drilling for a few to get the stance going and all. Drilling is key and after doing it do many times it tends to come habitual. After that I would take that same partner, have him throw on some gloves and have him just come swinging while i block, and strike back.... but my main objective was too not get hit, maybe tap his face up to leave him stunned for a second and go for the takedown. takedowns....... matt hughes style. recognize.
*MMA Training = 2-3 hrs.; BJJ, Takedowns.

Tomarrow I wake up early and train again at HOC with some of the boys that are fighting on the same card. Be back tomarrow with some more good news....... hopefully.

- Adam Salas
June 13, 2003