Thread: New Program
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Magic Man
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Magic Man has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Man has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Man has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Man has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Man has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Man has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Man has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Man has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Man has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Man has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Man has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 160,554.00
Send a message via AIM to Magic Man

I've never really seen this type of workout, since I generally use a four day split to split the workouts into non-intrusive body parts, so I really wouldn't know what to comment on mate.

It sure as hell looks like a lot of work, but I'm not sure why you want to mix everything up in such a fashion - for instance on mon and tues, it looks like you're working your chest again a day after a heavy chest day - meaning that you aren't giving it enough time to recover...is there a reason for this? I've seen a fair few different types of workouts, and I've never seen any that advocate doing the same muscle group a day after doing it the first time.

From a bbing point of view, the shortest rest break I've seen between doing chest again in the same week is Ronnie Coleman's 3-3-1, where he does chest on monday (heavy day) and then again on wednesday (lower weight high rep day).

From a powerlifting point of view - I believe I read this on Dr. Hatfield's site, to maximally work up to your 1rm, do chest on mondays (relatively low reps - usually around 6 in a set) and then again on fridays (mainly doubles, and singles).

but I mean if its working for you mate, by all means dont let text books stop ya.

- m