View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 06:01 PM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,614,313,603.75
Total Points: 5,815,433,727.76
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Man View Post
Them Apples - I respect other peoples views, but as others have said the top heavyweights of all time are judged on there achievments, there technical ability and also there excitment. I am a big mike tyson fan but i couldnt put him top of the ATG list, he had the potential and if we are talking about fighters primes then there is an arguement there. But Wen you compare his achivements to Joe Louis, Ali and Marciano then they seem very small. As for Bruno Being in the list, he had what one title defence in which he lost to Mike Tyson (One not at its best i might add), his technical ability was not great and he could never regain the championship, i would struggle to put him in my top 20.As for Tua he has never won a World title, and he isnt the greatest non-title holder yes he has a great punch..but that spot of Big Punch no belt is taken By Ernie Shavers. As for Conditioning, not all fighters of the 80s were well conditioned, and remember you dnt have to looked ribbed to go all the rounds. Theres a difference between conditioning and looking good.For Example the Tyson in my avatar looks good his ripped, this fight was against mcneely and i think he would of struggled to go all 10, not that it was going to!

If everyones list is based on achievements then every list should be the same? Because obviously Joe Louis will come out on top. The times were different, nobody is going to have 25 title defenses ever again unless tomato cans are lined up.

In that case no Tua shouldn't even come close to the list, ether should Bruno
and Stevenson good as he was didn't even turn pro because of his loyalty to Cuba.

I made my list based on the threat title "Top 10 heavies from best to worst"