View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:27 PM
-CANE-
BPP is Reenos *****

Rep Power: 39 -CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,356,103.06
Total Points: 1,688,373.48
No Message - col Blake congrats on 3k darl - OldSkool I like my man with a little meat on his bones. - RiZOOM Considering you're a yid, you seem sweet as. Here's a Jewish beer. - Chunk Get it down yer, congrats and good luck on the baby. - Jamboboy 
thx - MILE KITIC Because you are the fucking man!!!!! - abosworth 4,000 awesome posts. - The_Bringer 4000 fucking brilliant posts - Tuggers1986 To one of the greatest pwners of all time. Have a brew with your boy, Pea. - 917-30 
For das pwn.... - 917-30 Right back at ya bro. Fire up the PS3 and break out the booze. - The_Bringer cheers you mother lol - Terrible... good to be back man! - Hawkins P4P Pwn King - TRAVI$ 
Childhood Cancer - mangler 

Brassangel - It's nice to hear a sensible explanation, from someone intelligent and obviously knows there boxing, still disagreeing with you over Lewis, but that's what its all about, having your own opinion and debating it sensibly. I completly agree with you regarding Tyson and Holyfield not being at the peak of their powers, but slightly disagree about Lewis, he was definately at his peak tactically, but I don't think physically he was. Lewis IMO had 2 peaks, his physical peak when although amateurish in his style, was fast of hand and foot, and still very powerful, and had better stamina, could fight at a faster pace for longer and this was when he destroyed Ruddock. And his technical peak came after working with steward for a while, like when he fought Holyfield and Tyson. He was a far superior boxer then and a hell of a lot bigger and planted his feet properly when throwing punches, he perfected his uppercuts and hooks as well, and because of this probably hit harder than when he was younger, but had lost a lot of his speed and couldn't fight as hard or for as long. Maybe steward wanted him to bulk up a bit or maybe it just came with age. Had steward been with him from the start he would have been a lot better earlier on. Hope you get the jist of what I'm trying to say, which is we never really saw a peak Lewis. So I would say the victories over Holyfield and Tyson were legitimate.

Regarding your little tournament, it's a shame Ali is up against Lewis as I think this could be the final, but I'll do it your way and then you can try it my way. Personally I think 1. should fight 10. and 2. against 9. carrying on like that, but I'll try it your way. Here goes.

2. Muhammad Ali vs. 10. Lennox Lewis
5. George Foreman vs. 8. Sonny Liston
3. Rocky Marciano vs. 7. Mike Tyson
6. Joe Frazier vs. 9. Jack Dempsey
4. Larry Holmes vs. 1. Joe Louis

Brass mate I started but it doesn't quite work out someone will have to have a bye, needs to be done with 8 or 16 fighters, I'll wait for you to get back.