View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 07:05 AM
The Jake
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 The Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 142,323.00
Send a message via ICQ to The Jake Send a message via AIM to The Jake Send a message via Yahoo to The Jake

To me, it's like each their own but I cannot see how people could be so narrow sighted as to not see what they are doing to themselves.

I was friends with several pro bodybuilders and they explained their view of it like this:
1) the biggest argument against steroids was that it would even out the playing field by having no chemical enhancement. How is that fair? One person might be producing more testosterone than the other. Result? Genetics find in their favor. When people start injecting, rightly or wrongly, testosterone production is eliminated from the game and it comes down to building size and shape, no matter how freaky.
2) this is their fulltime occupation. it's not a hobby like most of us. if they lose a comp or don't get decent placing, this can **** them financially. they lose their sponsorships, they don't get prize money, it can really set a domino effect that ****s up every thing. So placing well means a lot to these career bodybuilders. Doubly so if they have families that rely on that income....

Again, not that I condone it, but that's the arguments as it was presented to me. Made me stop and think about it....

- The Jake