View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 10:39 PM
grayfist
Just old, not wise

Rep Power: 31 grayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 51,784.15
Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

I'd love to see a Taylor-MIranda. The sooner, the better.

I may be the only one who did (I doubt it), but I saw both Hopkins-Taylor as a loss for Hopkins more than a victory for Taylor. As I recall, Hop's relative inactivity in the early to middle rounds made him lose; not really anything Taylor did that made him win the fight. This is not saying Hopkins was robbed. All this is saying is that Hopkins appeared to have calculated his moves too much and when one does that one runs out of time to do what one thinks one must do.

I do not dislike Taylor; I am one who sees him as a good person and tough to dislike. I am however unconvinced about his dominance and his being the best middleweight today. If he is, the Winky encounter shows that, at best, he is barely so.

Moreover, fighting an Ouma, then winning in the manner that he did, does not help persuade many to his cause.

This is not meant to get on Taylor's case or be harsh on him, but there have been 4 fights and none of his performances has managed to generate too much enthusiasm for him. What these performances did was raise more questions than answers.

I hope he fights Miranda and Calzaghe. Then, maybe...

Last edited by grayfist; 12-13-2006 at 11:29 PM.