View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 03:13 PM
K-DOGG
Mitakuye Oyasin

Rep Power: 45 K-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,077,857.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by OASIS_LAD View Post
a bigger more intelligent brain means more evolved emotions

no one can truly understand evolution maybe it's just chance or maybe we evolve for a reason

who can say
It's just been something that's been on my mind lately. I've been having a heated debate with a devout atheist; and some of the questions he asked really dug in and made me realize my own questions. I held my own with him, to my way of thinking; but what is a man if he doesn't put not only his own beliefs but the beliefs of others under the microscope?

I can readily see how other animals have evolved and to what end, yet, human evolution really doesn't make sense to me. In our society, our emotions get in the way of cold hard logic and the way things seem like they ought to be if everything were geared soley towards the growth and affluence of the species. We have evolved into self-destructive behavior, which can be seen in our disagreements with religious beliefs and philosophies, of course. We don't put the strongest in charge in all cases; and we don't abandon the weak, or the dumb....where in the animal kingdom, those are the ones who die, thus ensuring the best DNA moves forward. In our society, our worst traits keep gettin bred into future generations, which has to be seen as detrimental for our species in the long-run. It appears we are sowing the seeds of our own destruction by evolutionary standards.

According to general evolutionary theory, the most desired traits are bred again and again until it is incorporated into virtually all of the offspring.

Where are we heading? What desired trait are we trying to spread? You know as well as I do that the geeky kids aren't the ones getting laid in school...it's the jocks, who are all too often dumb as a damn rock. Intelligence is supposedly what we are trying to pass on....

You see what I mean?