View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Black Barty
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Black Barty has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Barty has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Barty has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Barty has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Barty has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Barty has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Barty has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Barty has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Barty has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Barty has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Barty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,019,555.64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleMM View Post
I think some of it has to do with the incident with his father but IMO why he gets hated on is because he is plainly an unlikable person. Bad personality, excuses, lazy training. His interviews are cringe worthy. All of that combined with HBO trying to shove him down the fans throats it has caused a lot of hate.

Anyway expect Top Rank and HBO to put him in with more slow fighters which he will look good against.
1) Bad personality? Brandon Rios and David Haye are unmitigated *******s, yet they don't get anywhere near the amount of hate Donaire does.

2) Excuses? Man, almost EVERYONE makes excuses after losses or lackluster performances. That's really no reason to hate on a guy.

3) Lazy training? He claimed to have been ill prepared for Rigo, but other than that I don't know of any fights he trained poorly for.

4) HBO shoving him down the fans' throat? He fought pretty good comp, and while not always entertaining, I don't recall him stinking out the joint against anyone. HBO shoved waaay worse fighters down our throat (Berto, anyone?).