View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Rakim Tha God
Contender

Location: Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, San Diego, California
Rep Power: 7 Rakim Tha God has a reputation beyond reputeRakim Tha God has a reputation beyond reputeRakim Tha God has a reputation beyond reputeRakim Tha God has a reputation beyond reputeRakim Tha God has a reputation beyond reputeRakim Tha God has a reputation beyond reputeRakim Tha God has a reputation beyond reputeRakim Tha God has a reputation beyond reputeRakim Tha God has a reputation beyond reputeRakim Tha God has a reputation beyond reputeRakim Tha God has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,644.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillHere View Post
1. James Toney was in terrible condition for this fight.

2. Where are you gonna find a Roy Jones type athlete?

3. Peolpe who have the nerve to discredit Floyds resume and big up Jones are out of there minds. He has the most carefully guided career ever. Im not gonna lie it was Roy Jones Jr (and Miguel Cotto) who got me into boxing. But when I learned what technique was i knew he wasn't all that. His best wins are a green Hopkins and as before mentioned an out of shape Toney.
Excuses... RJJ was just as green as BHop. Even though BHop amateur career was mostly in prison, it still counts and more than likely that environment molded BHop to what he is today. Matter of fact BHop always credit his prison stint. Now if your going to claim Toney was out of shape, which all up to until the fight Toney claimed he was supreme condition. Toney wasn't out of shape until week's after RJJ whooped his butt. FYI RJJ had basically one hand vs BHop, it has been well documented. So since your giving Toney excuses than you have to accept RJJ's vs BHop which he still won. As for discrediting Floyd's resume I agree. Also RJJ was in an era that didn't have much fighters to challenge him. Like Wlad but trying to discredit what they accomplished because of the lack of talent in their era is crazy. RJJ was the P4P king for almost a decade.

Last edited by Rakim Tha God; 09-14-2013 at 01:38 PM.