View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 06:24 PM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,496,135,773,556.64
Total Points: 7,506,135,859,938.02
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

Did coming in too light for one fight and getting koed give him a weak chin for the rest of his fighting career? I voted no. For all I know Ward might have KOed him if the fight was at 175. This cracked chin that I read about so much on this board is a theory without much fact to back it up. Sometimes when a fighter takes a bad beating like the one Trinidad gave to Mayorga and Vargas they never seem to take a punch as good as they did before the beating. I don't know if it is all physical or part mental. Other fighters get brutally KOed but seem to take a punch just as well in their future fights. They said Oscar was knocked down in his fights at 130 because he was weigh drained. If he was weight drained it did him no harm because he was well known to take a good punch the rest of his career. Mosley jumps from 154 to 147 all the time and his chin is always solid.Hatton used to gain 50 pounds between fights and he had a good chin. Bradley said he gained about 40 pounds that he had to take off for his last fight and while he was hurt he went the distance. There just is not much evidence that losing weight turns a fighter's chin to permanent glass.