Originally Posted by mannyman
Sorry, but I'm reading to much BS regarding Floyd / Canelo fight and thought I'd put across some facts:
1. Canelo should not fight at 147. He is not a WW.
2. He should not fight at Catch Weight - ( Floyd doesn't fight at Catch Weight and has criticized those who do ).
3. Floyd holds a title at 154 and is universally ranked at number 2.
4. Canelo is the Lineal champ and ranked at number 1.
5. This is a LEGITIMATE fight.
6.I'm sick of hearing Canelos fight night weight - he can make the 154 weigh in and THAT is what matters - These are the rules. Simple.
7. If Floyd doesn't want the fight he shouldn't fight at 154 again - it's that simple.
Nop. Canelo is not the lineal champ. He has the RING belt which means nothing. Trout was not ranked over Mayweather at 154. There was no universal rank 2 in the division so a lineage couldn't or shouldn't be started. Mayweather-Canelo would start a lineage. Don't confuse the RING belt with Lineal champ - lineal champions have meaning still.
'Universally' is a strong term considering the Canelo-Trout fight and the huge clear split in who ppl thought won there.