View Single Post
#10
Old 05-08-2013, 08:17 AM
mconstantine
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,095
Rep Power: 11 mconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,500,000,168,089.71
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,500,000,168,089.71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dempsey View Post
saying that, he was against one of the best boxers of our time.
It wasn't that it was an obvious punch to avoid, its just the way mayweather times it.
Floyd didn't start with successful lead right and guerrero was actually countering floyds lead right in the 1st round.
He's just got a knack of hitting them when they are thinking of hitting him.
I'm sure you guys have sparred and been hit by a silly shot that you'd normally block or dodge if you were focused. At that very point you lost focus, and I think Floyd has his opponent too busy thinking of how to score effectively that he can land his punches. Remember that 1-2 hook combo against marquez he landed? You'd never see marquez take shots like that.
Mayweathers mental timing is amazing. oh and also he's mega fast!
Thats my opinion on this. What you guys think?
Yes he was going against the best in the game right now...that explains maybe 20% of the right hands he took...but what about the other 80%?

Floyd Sr. said before the fight Guerrero was open for right hands...he was spot on. Guerrero just doesn't seem to have good vision and reflexes to deal with the right hand, which is why I said if you don't, you should keep your left hand against your chin and at least catch the punches.
Reply With Quote
mconstantine is offline